March 3, 2014

OM Time


The sound OM is Brahman. The rishis and sages practiced austerity to realize that Sound-Brahman. After attaining perfection one hears the sound of this eternal Word rising spontaneously from the navel. "'What will you gain', some sages ask, 'by merely hearing this sound?' You hear the roar of the ocean from a distance. By following the roar you can reach the ocean. As long as there is the roar, there must also be the ocean. By following the trail of OM you attain Brahman, of which the Word is the symbol. That Brahman has been described by the Vedas as the ultimate goal."
-- The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna


OM, literally means God. And sometimes you just have to take an OM Break. You know what I'm saying. A chance to have a moment of peaceful contemplation and turn inside. A welcomed pick me up after a frustrating or hurried day. A moment of stopping which gives the power to act from a resourceful, skillful place. Introspection and meditation seem to work for me and offers that much needed time to center myself and reaffirm what is the real goal of life. Oneness with God. The symbol OM means God in Sanskrit and as a spoken vibration on the lips is the Divine God made manifest. Whenever and wherever I am I've found I'm never too busy to have a chat with God. Ideally I try always to silently chant my mantra, the golden thread of oneness behind my daily householder life. Many times life's challenges and trials come bursting into my life unannounced and without prior warning. Quick put out the fire of the latest personal crises!!! But if I rest in stillness a moment and repeat my OM's with intention, soon the dust settles, my mood lifts, unity and comfort is achieved. My new centered focus and joy is embraced. Holy Latte!








No comments: